Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Closet

My birthday present this year was to redo our walk in closet in our master bedroom. It is not a large closet, but I knew we could definitely do a better job of storage in this area! All we had was a wrap around shelf at the top with two bars running along the sides for hanging. We found the Closet Maid site and were able to put in the actual dimensions for our closet and design it the best way possible for the least amount of $$.

Before we had about 11 feet of hanging space and about 13 feet of shelving. Now we have 17 feet of hanging space and 33+ feet of shelf space!!! I actually have bare areas in my closet!!! AND we really didn't get rid of a whole lot when we cleaned it out!

Here are a few photos! This first one is the left side of the closet.



This one is looking straight in. (see I told you it wasn't a big one!)



The right side of the closet.



My shoe storage!!!



One thing I did notice while we were doing this is that almost all of my dress clothes are BLACK! I really do like the elegance of black I guess, but I am trying to now make a conscious effort not to purchase too many more black dressy items. The red bracket shows you my dressy clothes (I do have a purple skirt in there :) )


5 comments:

Robin said...

I love it Jo. I could definitely benefit from a closet makeover, but with all the other stuff we have been making over that just might have to wait till next year.

Juliet Diley said...

Looks great Jo! I know what you mean about black...it is the FIRST I grab of everything!

Wanda said...

the closet looks wonderful. I am gonna visit the closet maid site and see what's up over there.

we have a big closet at the house (yay) but could use more hanging space, in my opinion.

Amy said...

Yay....Jo's blogging again!! Love the closet....wanna come organize mine now?

Kaye said...

I love your closet! Re-doing all of the closets in our house is on my ever-growing "To Do" list.