Friday, July 11, 2008

Very BAD Blogger!

So the other day Wanda was talking about being a bad blogger - I think I have taken it to a whole new level. I haven't posted since February! No excuses, except I just haven't had the desire I guess. BUT, I am going to try to do better. I seem to think that if I can't post every day then what is the point? But really, is that reasonable??

So, just a little about what is going on in our lives right now. We are on summer vacation from school, although Hannah will be starting back around the 28th of July in order to be done with 12th grade in time for the official graduation in early May. I will most likely start the others just a bit after that because I do want to have them done with their year around the same time.

This summer I have been working on a lot of home projects. Hannah and I painted the living room, hall, foyer and hall bathroom. We cleaned the carpets downstairs and have also done a lot of decluttering and organizing. I still have a long way to go on the organizing part though.

I have gotten my scrap area in better shape and here are a few photos of the ribbon storage that I took. So far I really like it and if a holder gets a little worn I can just cut another one from my scraps - which is what I used. The size I cut the paper was 2.5" x 6", folded in half with a circle punch for the hole. I am thinking of cutting that down to 2" x 6" though for any replacements.

This one is of my ribbons. They are all sorted in the colors of the rainbow.




This one is of my trims and wide ribbon. They are attached with a large safety pin to a binder ring. I also sorted them in rainbow color order. And yes, I did iron all my ribbon as I sorted and placed them in the holders - they just hung neater and I also cannot STAND crinkles in my ribbon when I use it on a layout!



Also this past week I celebrated another birthday. Chuck installed a closet organizer system into our master closet for me. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I so wish I had taken before and after pictures. But since I didn't think about that before we started on it I will just have to share some after ones. First I have to take them - so that is on the agenda today - because I want to scrap my new closet! It is something I have waited for for 6 years!

6 comments:

Robin said...

Yippee...you are back. Love the ribbon storage. You have a LOT of ribbon. I don't like mine crinkled either, but I have one of the Pebbles Ribbon Irons, because well I don't iron in my house, except for 12" of ribbon, ha. Glad to see you posting again.

Juliet Diley said...

YEA JO!!!!!!! Love the ribbon storage idea! Looks awesome!

Wanda said...

yay Jo! Your ribbon looks fabulous! Wish I could see your closet, but I guess that's a little much, huh?

Tiffany said...

oh wow just love that ribbon storage! and so inexpensive!!

Babydoll said...

Hey Jo!! Glad to see you back. Those ribbons are ridiculously organized. :) LOL! You're making me look bad!

Kaye said...

Looks great, Jo! You've been busy!!