Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Coming up for air!

Wow! We have been BUSY with a capital B!

I guess it started that last Saturday afternoon right after I made that last post - our AC went out, the motor burned out on the blower. So we called the AC company that we deal with and yes, the motor burnt out on the fan he says...um, yes, we did tell you that it wasn't working. Anyway to make a VERY long story as short as possible...turns out that maybe in fact the motor was ok (but we replaced it anyway) but more than likely it was some relay or something like that. Finally Chuck takes off work TUESDAY to fix our AC because the AC company NEVER called us back. Chuck did talk with them after the fact and did get things straighten out.

So in the middle of all this we are starting school. We actually had a WONDERFUL week. The children did absolutely wonderful with their school work and stayed on schedule. I am really enjoying this year with them so far. It is amazing how great attitudes make all the difference in the world! We have now completed a week and a half...a few more under our belt and I am sure we will really be in the swing of things! Here are a few pictures from our first day.



So, then let's see...last weekend...very busy again. First was Friday night and my Club 52 meeting/crop. I always enjoy that and we have done some planning ahead. I am really looking forward to working with September's papers. Then on Saturday we had a big party for the young folks at our church. Hannah, my oldest, and two of her friend's did the planning. We had a blast! Then Sunday was church like normal and a baby shower that afternoon...so busy again.

So this week has started off really slow and I am not complaining at all. In fact I haven't left the house since I got home Sunday! The only problem this week is that my washing machine broke. So...first it was the hot water heater, then the AC, now the washing machine. Looking on the bright side I did get all the laundry washed Monday...had to baby it along, but I got it washed. Chuck is trying to see if we can replace a part it needs...don't even want to think about it otherwise...I am not wanting to shop for a new washer!

2 comments:

Me said...

Well they say it happens in threes, so hopefully you are all done for a while. I hope the washing machine can be fixed. I dislike shopping for new appliances as much as cars.

Unknown said...

I was gonna say the same thing as angela, lol. I hope your washer is fixable. Great pics, and looks like they are buckling down and ready for school!