Friday, August 10, 2007

Our Last Day of Summer :(

Well I had every intention of blogging yesterday...but the day got away from me and I ended up not having time.

I do have two layouts to share today....one I just did in digi...the other is the same photo that I did a while back in paper. Thought it would be neat to see them side by side.



The credits are in the galleries where they are posted...you can click on them and go there.

So...what is going on in our little world. Yesterday Hannah finished up painting the shed and Caleb and Micaela's school books arrived. Micaela was thrilled and to say that Caleb was a bit disappointed would be putting it mildly! So I have been busy sorting books and planning the year schedule. That is done, now I need to figure out what will work as a daily schedule...I am sure that will take some tweaking as we go. Also added to the mix this year will be Christin. I will be starting her with some preschool stuff as she is wanting to do "school" and I need her to be occupied with something besides "Dora," "Larry and Bob," and "Donut Man."

Today is also our last official day of summer vacation and everyone, including Mom is in mourning! Although we really didn't go anywhere or do a lot of extras this summer we have enjoyed being home and spending time with each other. And although I personally am not looking forward to getting everyone into a routine again I AM looking forward to when that routine is working and brings more order to our days and things get done without me "nagging" about it.

I am looking forward to the weekend. No big plans as of yet except Chuck plans to pressure wash the house. I am hoping that I will get some time to scrap....need to get a few paper pages done for Club 52!

5 comments:

Monique said...

Beautiful layouts! Good luck getting everything ready for school... I'm not there yet since my DD's only 2 but I will be there eventually. Have a great last day of summer "vacation"!

Anonymous said...

Great layouts! I'm mourning the end of summer too;(

Penny said...

love both of the layouts! of course what a great pict to use!

Nancywithajones said...

YOur pages rock. I know what you mean about summer being over..NOT literally but since school starts no going anywhere or anythingis hard. I KNOW it is so hot here you wouldnt think it is over huh haha.I actually like getting back in the routine I get so much more done but YES I was mourning and pouty and weepy all day Thursday that my little girl is growing up and going to big school... well 4k. BUT it is sooo good for both of us. SHE LOVES it too. she needs the social skills so bad. She is already doing well academically since we did do alot of home school with her. but she was soo underdeveloped socially and this is sooo going to help. I have seen a change already. I guess that is one of the things you face having one child. BUT I can say I am so blessed to have her in my lifea nd so thankful and love watching her grow... just wish it wasnt going so fast!!

Laura S. said...

I like them both.
Nice work!

Laura