Thursday, August 23, 2007

Good News!

Well the good news is that we can get the part for the machine and it's just a tad over $100 - much better than replacing the machine because I want to replace the washer and dryer at the same time. So that should get us along for a while and we can start searching for a new washer and dryer more at our leisure instead of NOW!

So today is another ordinary day...except we have piano lessons and grocery shopping thrown in there for good measure. Just means that this afternoon will be busy and since piano lessons fall at supper time we have to have something easy for supper...since we did pizza last night I need a different idea tonight. Since I am going to the grocery store that shouldn't be a difficult thing to accomplish...but it is.

I am also going shopping alone AND looking forward to it. Many times one or more of my children like to go with me, which I don't really mind. They are well behaved for the most part. But today I need to go alone because Christin's birthday is right around the corner! I need to find some gifts for this child SOON! We don't do a big birthday party, it's mainly a family meal thing with some party favors thrown in there to make it special. So at least that won't be difficult, but I do need to be prepared. I am just so not ready for my baby to be 4!

3 comments:

Me said...

Have a super easy, yet very good meal if you like chicken that is:
1 jar of Russian Dressing
1 Package of Onion Soup Mix
1 small jar of Apricot Preserves

Mix well. Put chicken in a cake pan and cover with above mixture. Bake at 350 until chicken is done.

I serve it with rice and cornbread but you could do anything with it. It is very easy to make and my son loves it.

Blessings

Amy said...

Oooh, shopping ALONE sounds heavenly, Jo......especially since I will have 4 of mine in tow tomorrow. And I'm copying that recipe for the chicken......sounds quick & easy....my two favorites!

Unknown said...

Great news on the washer. I too find it hard some days to decide what to make for dinner, and all to often I just run out and pick something up. But, since it is just me, not a big deal, lol.Great recipe!